For Our Referrers
- Reports issued same day - urgent results phoned through or provided within an hour of scan time.
- Electronic access to images via MRCConnect
and automatic download of detailed radiology reports into your practice software via Healthlink.
- Adaptability - we can tailor imaging requirements for the unique needs of each referrer.
- Priority and appointment flexibility for urgent cases and country patients.
- Eligible patients bulk-billed* for most modalities excluding MRI
- *this includes pensioners, full time university students and healthcare card holders
- Paediatric MRI scans bulk-billed if GP Referred for specific clinical indications.
- Our Siemens Wide-Bore MRI provides a comfortable, spacious environment for patient scans while producing exceptional image quality.
- Diagnostic imaging available for General CT, Ultrasound and Digital X-ray.
- Imaging Guided Intervention: FNA / Biopsy, Pain Management and Sports Medicine Injections including
- PRP, ABI and ATI, hydrodilation and cortisone as well as epidurals, facet joint injections, nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablation (RFA).
- Access to our radiologist - reliable phone availablity so that you may discuss your case with our radiologist if required.
The constant presence of our practice radiologist, Dr George Koulouris, allows for an unprecedented level of continuity of care for patients and the ability to form long-term relationships with our referring clinicians, tailoring imaging studies to their preference.
Referring doctors and allied health practitioners will benefit from state of the art imaging, which includes:
- Digital X-ray with stitching software that seamlessly adds multiple body regions to produce an image on a single sheet of film (excellent for whole spine and long leg views)
- Wide (open) bore MRI that enables even claustrophobic and large patients to undergo MRI examinations.
[View the Video Overview demonstrating the Siemens Wide Bore MRI]
Patients will notice the friendly welcome they receive on arrival, our comfortable rooms and the relaxed environment we have created for them.
Radiology - Update: New GP MRI items
As of 1 November 2012, six new GP magnetic resonance imaging requesting items for children under the age of 16 years will commence.
- Medicare Rebated (Bulk Billed) Paediatric MRI Scans for 6 selected items requested by GPs - now available at Melbourne Radiology Clinic using our Wide Bore MRI Unit.