Patient Appointments at Melbourne Radiology Clinic
Other than an X-ray, all other examinations require a booking which can be made over the phone.
Patients can also use our online booking form to request an appointment.
Clinic Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
At times, our staff are busy taking bookings and providing patients with detailed information regarding their examination. In this instance, you are encouraged to simply leave a message and contact details so that we may call you, usually within the hour and definitely by the end of the day. Alternatively, you may email us your contact details, preferred time of study and type of examination and we will arrange this after a call confirming the time with you.
If you do not have an appointment and your matter is urgent, then your doctor may discuss the case with our radiologist and arrange for you to be seen as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that as our clinic is busy, a wait in this circumstance may be necessary, despite our best efforts and desire to provide a high quality and efficient service to all.
- Please note that any referral for a scan is valid at Melbourne Radiology Clinic, even if it has been written on a referral form from another radiology provider.
Patient Pre Appointment Check List and Location Guide
What you need to bring to your appointment
You are kindly requested to bring the following with you:
- Referral form/letter from your doctor or health care provider
This is a medicolegal requirement and also necessary so that the Medicare rebate is paid
- Any previous scans (for example: X-rays, Ultrasound, MRI, CT), including CDs.
This assists our doctor in formulating their report
- Medicare card
- Concession cards or DVA (Department of Veteran’s Affairs) cards (if applicable)
- Workcover or TAC (Transport Accident Commision) details (if applicable).
If you are diabetic, suffer from kidney disorders (especially renal failure), pregnant or have a known allergy, particularly to radiographic dyes (contrast), then please let us know so that we may determine which test is most suitable for your situation.
Arriving 10 minutes early so that your details may be recorded into our database is appreciated. Please note that patients arriving after you may be seen before you and this may be on the basis that they have an appointment, are an urgent case or are simply having a different scan. We appreciate your understanding and patience. When it is your turn, we will also give you our full attention and care.
Most pre-examination instructions will be provided to you by our receptionists; however, in some cases, our doctor or technologists may also wish to speak to you in order to optimise your examination.
- Please ensure you make a follow up appointment with your referring doctor where the results can be discussed.
- Please note that Melbourne Radiology Clinic currently does not provide Mammography or Nuclear Medicine services.