Ultrasound Shoulder Bursitis Injection
Anyone who has suffered with stiff joints or aches and pains in the neck and/or shoulder will know how debilitating life can be. Fortunately, with modern medical imaging techniques and pain management injections, the source of the problem can be identified and treated.
An ultrasound-guided bursitis injection for shoulder pain and stiffness is just one area that we specialise in here at Melbourne Radiology Centre. Our experience shows that this method of treating shoulders pain to be highly effective and long-lasting, enabling patients to undergo rehabilitation with relatively less pain and therefore giving every opportunity for success.
The injection process is quick, simple and typically causes no more than minimal discomfort. An ultrasound scanner is used to enable the healthcare professional delivering the injection to visualise the soft tissue structures of the shoulder, such as the tendons, bursa and muscle bellies. Once correctly identified, the ultrasound machine produces an image in real-time that will enable our radiologist to guide the needle directly to the source of the patient’s pain, delivering cortisone to the region of subacromial bursitis, while causing minimal damage to the surrounding tissue.
Musculoskeletal conditions treated on a daily basis at Melbourne Radiology include:
- Bursitis - The following are an example of the many bursae of the body which which routinely require injection: subacromial (shoulder), trochanteric (lateral hip), iliopsoas (anterior hip), ischial (buttock), intermetatarsal (forefoot), prepatellar and infrapatellar (knee), retrocalcaneal and retroachilles (Achilles tendon)
- Morton's neuroma injections
- Tenosynovitis/paratenonitis, deQuervain's (wrist), Achilles tendon paratenonitis
- Ganglion/cyst aspiration: such as ganglia arising from any joint, commonly around the wrist and cysts of the knee (Baker's or popliteal cyst)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Plantar fasciitis
- Arthritis - Hyaluronan Injections
- Direct tendon injections - ABI, PRP & Sclerosant Injection
Benefits of an Ultrasound Guided Bursitis Injection
If you’re looking for a proven way to achieve effective and lasting results, an ultrasound guided shoulder injection for bursitis is one option that’s worth considering. Benefits include;
- The ultrasound causes no pain whatsoever, and the injection is delivered by highly trained and experienced experts. This minimises any discomfort and guarantees the very highest levels of safety and the best possible results.
- The procedure is quick and does not require any preparation.
- Unlike other types of imaging, this procedure does not use radiation so it has none of the associated risks.
- Cortisone injections for bursitis is a very powerful anti-inflammatory medication, the results of which can last several weeks.
Contact Us Today
If you require any radiological examination and/or procedure, then contact the team at Melbourne Radiology Clinic. We accept referrals from all over Melbourne – any written referral can be used, even if it is for another radiology provider. To book, call our reception staff on (03) 9667 1667. Alternatively, email to email@example.com, including your referral, if you have been provided with this, or you can use our online booking form to get in contact and we can call you back to book you an appointment.