- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Sports Medicine
- Radiological assisted non-operative treatment methods and minimally invasive therapies
Dr Tim Dickson
Tim Dickson gained his medical degree from The University of Newcastle in 2004 and completed internship and basic training at the John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle and two years as an orthopaedic registrar for the Hunter New England Health Service. After being appointed to the Queensland Orthopaedic training scheme Tim worked for two years in various public and private Brisbane hospitals and successfully obtained his part 1 examination in surgical training.
During his four years as an orthopaedic registrar, Tim gained valuable knowledge and skills in the various orthopaedic specialties including trauma, sports medicine, spine, arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery, arthroplasty and paediatric orthopaedics. Despite this Tim decided to switch career paths to Radiology and relocate to Melbourne to refocus on diagnostic imaging across the range of medical specialties.
With his strong background in orthopaedics Tim has a particular interest in musculoskeletal imaging, sports medicine and radiological assisted non-operative treatment methods/minimally invasive therapies.
Tim completed his radiology training at The Alfred Hospital in 2015 during which time he completed a 6-month subspecialty rotation at Melbourne Radiology Clinic in addition to subspecialty rotations in trauma, thoracic and lung transplant imaging, body imaging and neuroradiology. In addition to this, Tim then undertook a 12-month fellowship in Musculoskeletal Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging at Melbourne Radiology Clinic. He continues to hold a position as a visiting medical officer at The Alfred Hospital
Tim is currently involved with a number of ongoing research projects and has completed a Masters of Medicine (Radiology) through the University of Melbourne.
Tim is the current treasurer for the Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG) and has presented and chaired sessions at previous meetings as well as co-convening the 2017 AMSIG meeting in Melbourne with Dr George Koulouris. Outside of work Tim is busy with his wife and 2 young boys and is a fair weather supporter of both the Melbourne Rebels and Richmond Tigers.
- Bachelor of Medicine, The University of Newcastle
- Fellow Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (2013)
- Masters of Medicine (Radiology), The University of Melbourne
- Treasurer 2017 - present
- Fellow – Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR)
- European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology (ESSR)
- The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, VIC
- Redcliffe Hospital, QLD
- The Mater Adults and Children's Hospital, Brisbane, QLD
- John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, NSW